Steve Brentano




Steve Brentano - Fa vase winning Captain who joined the club from Hull City where he made 11 appearances, left the Seasiders in 1993 for Doncaster Rovers. 

Graeme Jones




Born in Gateshead, Jones began his career with Bridlington Town, before earning a £10,000 move to Doncaster Rovers. He then joined Wigan Athletic in 1996, after scoring 30 goals in 3 years at Doncaster. He became an instant success with the Latics, scoring 31 league goals in his first season, which remains a Wigan record to this day. He also got a total of 4 hat-tricks that season. Jones went on to score 18 goals in the next two seasons, before joining Scottish side St. Johnstone, on a £100,000 deal.

Jones scored on his debut for St. Johnstone, but his time with Saints was disrupted by injury. He returned to England in 2002 to sign for Southend United. He joined Boston United in 2003, before signing for Bury on 2004.

He also had injury problems at Bury, and after only 3 appearances in 6 months, he returned to Scotland to join Clyde. After scoring the winning goal on his debut, he found the net on one more occasion for the Bully Wee, before he joined Hamilton Academical in July 2006. Jones was forced to retire in March 2006 due to injury, and became assistant manager at Accies. He joined Swansea City in March 2007, taking the assistant manager position. In June 2009, Jones followed Roberto Martinez to Wigan Athletic taking the position of assistant manager.


Clive Freeman


Clive started his career with Farsley Celtic and had spells with Doncaster Rovers, Bridlington Town, and Swansea City before arriving for Altrincham F.C. during pre-season for trials, which led to him signing terms just prior to the start of the season. Although only at Moss Lane for one season, Clive made a lasting impression, he will always be remembered at Moss Lane as a legend, if only for that goal against Chester City, which was captured on film by the BBC Sportsnight cameras and subsequently went on to win the November Goal of the Month competition.

During 2002/2003 he was player/assistant manager at non-league side Guisley having formally been the player/coach.


Linton Brown


Linton Brown played football for Bridlington Town, North Ferriby United, and Guiseley, before making three appearances in the Football League for Halifax Town in 1992 on a non-contract basis.

During the 1992–93 season he joined Hull City where he made his name in football, often a fans favourite. In his first season he made 21 appearances scoring 3 goals. In the 1993–94 season for Hull City, Brown played 43 games for the club establishing himself as a first team favourite scoring 10 goals. Then backed up the following season with 12 goals for the club. However in the 1995–96 season Brown scored only one goal and appeared in 26 games, and he was sold by Terry Dolan to Swansea City

Injury disrupted his Swansea career; he scored three goals in 28 League games, finishing his Football League career on loan at Scarborough, before moving back into non-League football in 1998 with Emley and then Gainsborough Trinity.

Before he played for Town and then went on to make a name with Hull City, Linton played for a very strong Hull Sunday League team that was run by Pete Whinham and included Dean Windass and Ian Sampson, that won the first McEwans Lager Floodlit Competition at Queensgate and is best remembered for scoring five goals in the final which they won 6-0.


Chris Swailes


Swailes was a trainee at Ipswich Town from 1989 to 1991, eventually moving to Peterborough United on March 28, 1991 for a fee of £10,000, after turning down a contract offered by the Ipswich manager at the time, John Lyall. Five months later, he moved on to Boston United of the Alliance Premier League on a free transfer, after feeling homesick for the North East. He played only part-time for them, going out on loan to Kettering and Third Division Birmingham City for a while, before signing for Bridlington Town, again for free. After a short spell on loan to Guisborough Town, he followed the Bridlington chairman Ken Richardson to Doncaster Rovers, then in the Third Division, for no fee (once again).


Mike Norbury



MIKE NORBURY Played for Town in the 1991/92 season and scored 29 goals, one less than Alan Radford who was leading scorer with 30. Norbury's final goal for Town was on February 4, 1992 in a 4-0 home win against Guiseley.
His first club was Ossett Town from where he moved to Scarborough FC during which time he served a jail sentence, after his release he joined Bridlington Town.
His first football league club was Cambridge United where he made 26
appearances scoring three goals; other clubs, Preston North End 42 (13);
Doncaster Rovers 27 (5), from where he went on loan to Linfield and made just one appearance.
Following a string of non-league clubs, including Telford United,
Stafford Rangers, Halifax Town, Hednesford Town, Wakefield & Emley,
Stocksbridge Park Steels, BelperTown and Ossett Albion, he joined Goole and became player assistant manager to Nigel Danby.
Known for his fiery temper, Norbury was given a six-year touch-line
ban in 2006 for two consecutive counts of foul and abusive language and threatening behaviour to referees.

Ian Taylor


 Goal keeper Ian Taylor made two fa vase final appearances for Bridlington Town keeping a clean sheet for 120 minutes he left Bridlington Town to sign for Carlisle United in the football league.

Leigh Franks

   A strong, commanding six-foot tall right-sided defender, Leigh joined Huddersfield from Bridlington Town as a 16-year-old in 2007.
Prior to Bridlington, Franks had several years with Scarborough FC's centre of excellence as a junior.
Has had loan spells at Fleetwood Town and Oxford United last season where he made five appearances for Chris Wilder's side in N-power League Two.

Chibuzor Chilaka


Chib studied at Hull University, captaining and managing the team due to their ex-manager leaving. He also played for England Universities. Ahead of the 2007–08 season, Chilaka had a successful trial with Hull City but decided to finish his university course studying Human Biology. He played for Bridlington Town during the 2008–09 season, scoring a total of 38 goals for Bridlington in all competitions, 25 of which came in the league. During the following season, he played for Leeds Carnegie, where he scored 20 league goals in 29 appearances.He also won the club's Player of the Season award at the end of the 2009–10 campaign. Ahead of the 2010–11 season, Chilaka went on trial at Conference North side Guiseley, scoring twice in a friendly against Farsley.Guiseley manager Steve Kittrick was keen to sign Chilaka, but the player joined Bradford City on trial instead

After a successful trial period, he was signed by Bradford City on non-contract terms. Chilaka made his debut for Bradford in the club's 2–1 League Cup defeat against Preston North End, coming on as a 79th minute substitute in the match. He made his league debut for the club against Morecambe on 2 October 2010