Honours & Achievements


F.A. Vase Winners 1993;

F.A. Vase Runners-Up 1990;

ERCFA Senior Cup Winners 1921,22,23,31,53,57,61,65,67,70,72,89,93,2005;2012,2015
Yorkshire League Champions 1974
NPL Champions 1993

NCEL Wilkinson Sword Trophy Winners 2002;

NCEL Premier Division Champions 1990, 2003, 2010

Soccer Club Swap Shop Programme awards
Programme of the season
2012/13 NCEL Premier Division winner / 19th Nationally in Non League football
2013/14 NCEL Premier Division winner / 15th Nationally in Non League football
2014/15 NCEL Premier Division winner / 16th Nationally in Non League football 


Bridlington Town AFC was formed in their own right on 11th June 1920. They recruited players from the disbanded Bridlington Discharged Sailors and Soldiers Football Club and formed a second team from The Bridlington Grammar School Old Boys. The first team were entered into the 1st division of the East Riding County League with the second team being entered into the Hull Amateur League 1st Division.

 In their first season Bridlington Town AFC won the East Riding Senior Cup 2-1 vs. Gilberdyke played at Anlaby Road Hull, and reached fifth place in the League. Town went on to win the East Riding Cup the following 2 seasons and won the 1st Division title on three consecutive seasons 1921-22,1922-23 and 1923-24.

 At the end of the 1924-25 season Bridlington Town were admitted to the Yorkshire League.

Bridlington Town the story so far... After the First World War a group of school leavers, anxious to continue their enjoyment of football, decided to form their own club, which they named Bridlington Centrals.

 At first they competed in the Driffield & District Minor League and in due course they had to move up to the Driffield & District League. Eventually, they found themselves in the East Riding Amateur League where they enjoyed a fair amount of success which was climaxed by five consecutive championships in the fifties.

 In the same period Centrals also carried off the East Riding Senior Cup on two occasions and this success encouraged them to join the Yorkshire League in 1959 under the changed name of Bridlington Town.

The club immediately finished runners-up in Division Two and qualified for promotion to the First Division. They also reached the first round proper of the F.A.Cup for the first time where they lost to the then mighty Bishop Aukland.

Soon after another F.A.Cup tie attracted the record attendance for Queensgate when 2,102 spectators saw Town take on neighbours Scarborough. In 1967 Bridlington dominated the Yorkshire League but Town had to settle for second best to Bridlington Trinity although some consolation was gained by winning the East Riding Senior Cup again. Town had also won the League Cup in 1960, 1961 and 1966. In 1982 the Northern Counties (East) League emerged from the amalgamation of the Yorkshire and Midland Leagues.

Town were placed in Division One (North) but were elevated to the Premier Division in 1986 following the resignation of a number of clubs to join the Northern Premier League. In 1988-89 the club achieved their best placing, finishing third and defeating champions Emley in the League Cup Final. Town also recorded their seventh victory in the East Riding Senior Cup beating Hull City 1 - 0.

The following year Town were finalists at Wembley for the first time in the F.A.Vase, in front of a crowd of 7,932, the game finishing 0 - 0, the only ever Wembley final to be goalless, with Yeading winning the replay 1 - 0 at Elland Road 9 days later.

During the intervening period between the final and the replay Town had to play Hull City in defence of the East Riding Senior Cup, the League Cup against Osset Town and a league game.

During this period Ken Richardson had joined the club as President and was instrumental in assisting the club with the necessary finance to develop the ground by building a new stand, clubhouse, turnstiles and floodlights. Town were now regarded as one of the strongest teams in non-league football and reached Wembley again in 1993, this time in front of a slightly bigger crowd of 9,061, and this time returned the victors one nil over Tiverton Town, thanks to a goal from Alan Radford. Town also won the Northern Premier (Unibond) League First division. Due to legal wrangles the team moved to play their home games at Doncaster Rovers ground and then folded, leaving Queensgate with no football during 1993 - 94.

Following the disbanding of the Semi-Pro side after the 1993/94 season an ambitious local 'PUB' side, The Greyhound, were inspired to make an approach to the lease-holders with a view to making the Queensgate ground the base for The Greyhound team. A deal was struck with the proviso that the club change their name to Bridlington Town AFC. A new club crest was designed and a new motto 'Pergere et Eniti', broadly meaning 'Onwards and Upwards', was adopted. The new era began an 10 September 1994 when the new Bridlington Town AFC. took to the field for their first league game against Viking Panthers in the Driffield and District League Premier Division in front of 200 spectators. Many local observers speculated as to how long the club would survive at Queensgate with the obvious financial burden but the team completed that season in their new home finishing fourth in the league and also reached the final of the East Riding Senior Country Cup.

Steady Progression saw the club join the East Riding County League Division One, where the League and Cup Double was achieved. Over the next three seasons in the County Premier Division the club continued to improve and made application to the Northern Counties East League. It was on the third application that Bridlington Town was accepted, having finished runner up in the league but beat the league champions in the league cup final of 1998/99, under manager John Bowman. A fifth place finish in that first season back in the NCEL was creditable, but at Xmas in 2000 the club had slumped to mid-table. Bowman was replaced by Billy Heath and he took the club to a 4th place finish.

Towns 3rd season back in the NCEL saw an 18 game unbeaten run lift Town to finish Division One Runners Up and gained promotion to the Premier Division. The 2002 - 2003 season started with a continuation of the good form and 14 straight wins in all competitions. Town also reached the 4th Qualifying round of the FA Cup, losing away at Conference side Southport, and the 1/4 final of the Vase, losing away at League rivals and eventual Vase winners Brigg Town. Another incredible run of league form saw Town lose only one of the last 26 games and the Club finished as Champions with a fantastic 20 point winning margin to gain promotion to the Unibond League for 2003 - 2004.

Winter postponements and the cup success saw Town playing three games each week through March and April and the heavy toll caused Town to "sacrifice" the cup success for the league title. To ensure promotion, Gary Wilkinson of Wilkinson Caravans, the main sponsor, also secured the purchare of Bridlington Town AFC Ltd from the former owners thus ensuring the future of the club. The season in the Unibond Division One saw injuries and suspensions take their toll in the second half of the season but the club fiinished in 11th place to complete A third successive promotion, this time to the Unibond Premier Division, that was due to the reorganisation of the league and meant the new club had returned to the status held by the former club when they folded, and had achieved this in just ten seasons.

Gary Wilkinson was unable to continue with the club any longer due to financial constraints, and Pete Smurthwaite, of PBS Construction, bought the club. and after the resignation of Billy Heath Pete also has a spell as Town Manager but brought in Paul Marshall unfortunatley things did not work out for Marshall and he was replaced by the management team of Ash Berry and Paul Stoneman with the help of Coach Grant Crookes  who after a year in charge were also replaced by the temporary charge of former Grimsby Town defender Mark Lever with the help of Peter Smurthwaite  Town finished bottom of the UniBond league and were relegated back to the Northern counties east league.

2008/09 season Chairman Peter Smurthwaite appoints Tim Hotte and Gary Allanson as joint Managers and the club finishes a respectable 4th posistion in the league and lost to UniBond Premier side North Ferriby in the East Riding senior cup final at the KC Stadium and within days the Management team had resigned from the club due to personel reasons. but within days and to the delight of the Town supporters Gary Allanson had a change of heart and was back in the hot seat appointing club Captain Phil Harrison as his assistant and the pair proved to be an instant success as the club went on to win the league by 11 points and scoring 123 league goal along the way

2010/11 Another good season and Town were in the race to retain their title but just fell short losing out to Farsley with Parkgate being runners up. Town fans were left shocked when Manager Gary Allanson had decided to leave the club at the end of the season and was involved in helping select his successor and that was to be Mitch Cook the former Scarborough Town and Pickering Town Manager who will take charge for the 2011/12 season .....  the story continues  Onwards & Upwards